Environmentaly Responsibile Artificial Grass
How Saving Water is Good for the Environment
Believe it or not, it is easy being green. Reducing your shower time by just one minute can save 365 gallons of water a year. Refraining from hosing down your patio or driveway can save 960 gallons! And filling your bath tub up only halfway can save 3,650 gallons a year. Just imagine how much water installing artificial grass or synthetic turf system can save!
Installing a Heavenly Greens artificial grass system for home landscaping alone can save a whopping 56,000 gallons of water per year. On an average-sized sports field, that number skyrockets to millions of gallons per year. When it comes to carbon footprints, there’s simply no comparison between natural grass and an artificial grass system from Heavenly Greens. Our products are 100% lead free and nearly 100% recyclable. By offering only best types of product from top manufactures like FieldTurf, who recently became triple ISO certified, having ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications in 2010. In addition to continuously setting new environmental standards throughout the synthetic turf industry, FieldTurf is a proud member of the U.S. Green Building Council and the Environmental Protection Agency’s ‘Greenscapes’ program.
Even Greener Than it Looks
By choosing Heavenly Greens artificial turf, you’re becoming part of an environmental movement that not only saves clean drinking water, but also:
- Eliminates impact on water resources
- Eliminates the use of billions of pounds of harmful pesticides, fertilizers, fungicides and herbicides normally used on natural grass, which can run off into ground water
- Significantly lowers the use of natural gas and other fossil fuels needed to produce lawn care chemicals
- Eliminates fuel-powered mowing, aerating, and re-seeding . Gas-powered lawn mowers alone can cause as much pollution in one hour as 10 vehicles. FieldTurf systems save millions of gallons of gas each year.
- Eliminates grass clippings which are among the biggest landfill contributors to the greenhouse effect. During the summer months, clippings alone can account for nearly half of a community’s waste.
- Drastically lowers the use of paper and plastic products that support maintenance
- Removes millions of tires from landfill sites each year
- Can contribute toward numerous Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) credits
- Is less likely to provoke asthma or allergy attacks
- Is not a breeding ground for the MRSA (staph) bacteria
We Even Recycle…
When a FieldTurf installation finally comes to the end of its long life – it continues to help our planet. FieldTurf is 100% recyclable, and we were the first company in the industry to remove entire systems and recycle them. FieldTurf began the “Green Machine” program this year and old systems have become “new” materials for:
After Recycling, our products can be used for:
- School bags
- Batting cages
- Barn mats
- Top dressing for natural grass
- Lining for highway barrels and backing for road bases
- Tote bags
Proven Safe for the Environment
The environmental benefits of artificial grass have been well documented for years. Hundreds of studies have been conducted to test for any potential risks of artificial turf. Government health ministries and environmental bodies around the world have commissioned extensive research. So have world health organizations, leading universities and independent scientific committees. Elected officials have reacted to the concerns of their constituents by commissioning studies to get the facts – and each time artificial turf has been found to be safe.
Occasionally, groups opposed to artificial turf systems will use creative tactics to make it seem like it they are unsafe or untested – this simply is not true. There has been extensive testing, and ample research is available. You can read what the experts have to say in independent testing, studies and reports on the potential health and environmental impact of artificial turf by downloading this collection of actual research and conclusions.
Facts & Conclusions
- FieldTurf surfaces pose no threat to the environment
- FieldTurf is not harmful to humans or animals in any way
- There are no negative effects on air, water, or temperature from FieldTurf
- Not a single injury has ever been reported as a result of inhalation, ingestion or direct contact with rubber particles in artificial turf
- FieldTurf is 100% lead-free
- FieldTurf is 100% recyclable
- FieldTurf artificial grass systems are not a hospitable environment for the MRSA/Staph bacteria
For more information please call 888-254-5503 or Request a Quote today!