What color is grass? Well, it’s green, everybody knows that! But “everybody” is wrong, because we’re talking artificial grass here, and fake grass can be any color you want. Hmmm. Kinda gets you to thinking, doesn’t it? You probably don’t want an orange or pink lawn, but there are a lot of things you can do with different colors of artificial grass. And lots of good reasons to think beyond the green.
Let’s have a look.
First of all, there are multiple shades of green available for your artificial grass lawn. Different varieties of live grass look distinctly different from one another, and home owners usually want a lawn that looks like a “locally appropriate” turf. You can check out our Product Comparison Guide to learn about all of our Heavenly Greens choices and their specific appearance and performance traits.
Jazz up your lawn with some extra color
If you own or manage a stand-alone business, commercial property such as an office park or multi-family residential complex, or a municipal building, you can use colored artificial grass to give your surrounding landscape a unique touch:
- Insert your corporate logo in the middle of your fake grass lawn, using your official colors.
- Replace the ho-hum name plaque in your lobby with a colorful grassy version of your logo or name. You can create a single unit (such as for your logo), or cut out individual letters or numbers to form your name.
- Give aerial viewers a smile by installing a grassy, multi-color logo on your roof. (By the way, artificial grass in any color sets the stage for a dandy rooftop garden. Check out our photo gallery of rooftop and wall ideas here.)
If your property is a school, you can do any of these same things using your school’s insignia, nickname, or sports mascot. Go, Tigers!
Grow some fun indoor carpeting
Soft, fluffy artificial grass can be so much more appealing than traditional carpeting. It’s ultra-easy-care -- you can even vacuum it.
- Put it in the kids’ bonus room or bedroom – a grassy green area rug would be fun, but why not color-coordinate it to the rest of their room?
- Are your kids bouncing off the walls? Put some colorful grass there, too. Artificial grass can grow on any surface, level or not.
- Carpet your man cave with grass that matches your favorite sports team’s official colors.
Spruce up your outdoor living spaces
- Cover your dog’s house in colorful faux grass – perhaps a shade that matches his fur so he can go camo. It will look snazzy, be better insulated, and if the roof is flat, Fido will appreciate having a high-class, elevated snoozing platform.
- Build a colorful cat tree your feline can enjoy indoors or outside.
- Install a grassy checkerboard on a tabletop. Or make it life-size so party guests can play human chess or checkers.
- Make big pillows or seat cushions for outdoor furniture.
You get the idea
As we like to say, you can “put a little sass in your grass” with creative use of color and unusual design. The truth is, anything you can do with green grass, you could consider doing in another color. And no matter what color you choose, there are almost unlimited creative ways to use faux grass.
With so many reasons to have fun and go colorful with artificial grass, the question should not be “why,” but why not?!