Playground safety surfacing is governed by a standard called ASTM F1292. This technical name is for the Standard specification outlining impact attenuation of surfacing materials within the use zone of playground equipment.
The ASTM F1292 Standard was designed to ensure that all materials used as playground safety surfacing meet a minimum level of fall protection.
- Testing based on scientifically proven methods
- Designed to prevent debilitating head injuries
- The relationship between HIC and Gmax levels
- Allowing for stricter guidelines
- Allows for testing in the field
Download our guide now by filling out the form.