Who would’ve ever thought environmental awareness and lawn care to be annonymous? Well, thanks to artificial landscaping turf, this dream is possible. The staff at Heavenly Greens specialize in making your lawn environmentally friendly through the use of artificial turf.
Skeptical? Well here are some facts:
Artificial turf lawns avoid the environmental impact of natural grass maintenance.
- Eliminates the use of almost 70 million pounds of pesticides and herbicides on our lawns every year.
- Add to that the fertilizer used.
- Clippings that are improperly disposed of can end up polluting major waterways and can run off into ground water.
- Eliminates fuel-powered mowing, aerating, and re-seeding. An hour's worth of mowing on today's mowers can result in the same amount of smog-forming emissions as driving a car 80 to 100 miles.
- Although new EPA regulations add emission controls to lawn and garden equipment starting in 2011, these only cut emissions 35%. Older tractors and gasoline engine powered lawn maintenance equipment takes years to get replaced for all the reductions to take effect.
- Eliminates impact on water resources. The average American lawn drinks more than 20,000 gallons of water per year. In the average American city, 30-60% of urban fresh water is used for lawn care. Drastically lowers the use of paper and plastic products that support Maintenance.
- Yard waste, mostly grass clippings, are up to 20% of municipal solid waste. Most of this ends up in landfills.
- Synthetic lawn and infill materials were found to be inert in recent government testing and the industry is actively evaluating new, alternative, sustainable materials for use in synthetic grass installation.
- Superweed problems will get worse as grass seed producers and retailers bring genetically engineered, genetically modified (GM) grass and grass seed to market starting in 2012, according to Wired magazine. The genetically modified (GMO) grass genes spread for more than 10 miles, when carried with the wind. In an odd twist, immunity from herbicides causes genetically modified grass to be classified as a weed, although the USDA has declined to regulate some, such as the GM Kentucky Bluegrass.
- With a domino effect, herbicide-tolerant grass and crops, such as GMO corn and soybeans, encourage the aerial spraying of cancer-causing weedkillers, like 2,4-D, which causes birth defects and neurological damage, and is linked to various kinds of cancer including non-Hodgkins lymphoma and disruption of hormone and reproductive function. 2,4-D is easily blown or tracked into homes. According to Western Farm Press, an invisible cloud of a cancer-causing weedkiller blew 100 miles across California, from Merced County to one county shy of Los Angeles.
These benefits are only the tip of the iceberg. Plus, Heavenly Greens artificial lawn is also 100% recyclable! After the life of the lawn, the turf can be transformed into everyday necessities including tote bags, school bags, batting cages and even t-shirts!
Create a more sustainable footprint with your backyard or other space by installing an artificial grass lawn; removing invasive or non-native, water-sucking plants; eliminating pesticide, herbicide and fertilizer use; and conserving water and protecting water quality.
Create an outdoor space that’s clean, healthy and fun for you, your family, and your pet. Your action makes a difference.
Click for a fast free quote or call Heavenly Greens now at 888-254-5503.
Check with us to learn about the limited time Lawn Promotion.