Artificial turf is a long term investment. But no matter how durable the product is, its ability to hold up well over time depends on the skill of the crew installing it. As a homeowner, you want to make sure the artificial grass installer you choose is both reputable and knowledgeable. That will ensure that the grass you selected will perform as beautifully and as long as you expect.
Research the Company
Always research an artificial grass installer thoroughly before signing a purchase agreement or contract.
- Find out how long they have been in business and what type of experience their installation team has. A new company may have an inexperienced crew – trained in the basics of artificial grass – but lacking the field experience to sufficiently handle any problems or obstacles they may face. This is vital, because every installation is unique in its own way.
- Is the installer specifically endorsed by the company from which you are purchasing your turf? The warranty or guarantee that comes with the artificial grass may be negatively affected if the landscaping company doing the installation is not a recognized dealer for the product’s manufacturer. You don’t have to worry about this when you purchase artificial grass from Heavenly Greens, because it will be installed by our own employee-experts.
Talk to Past Customers
One of the best ways to find out about a company is to read testimonials posted on their web page, their Facebook page, and online review sites like Yelp. Landscaping companies encourage their customers to post reviews and ratings regarding the service they received.
Ask friends and neighbors who they used for their own artificial grass installation. Did they receive exceptional service? Take a look at their lawn and find out for yourself how well constructed it is. Have they had any problems?
Also, ask around about any particular installation companies that should be avoided. If a neighbor has used a company you are interested in, ask them.
Look for Proof
Once you have found a few companies to choose from, dig deeper.
- Ask about their professional credentials, and if they belong to any industry or business organizations.
- Have they received any awards or similar honors?
- Have they been recognized by the Better Business Bureau? This is one of the biggest indicators of quality because the BBB thoroughly reviews and grades each company based on several factors. Product quality, service quality, number of reviews on the BBB website, and any detrimental reports or concerns are all taken into account. Companies with a positive reputation are allowed to display the BBB accreditation logo on their website.
- Are they members in good standing of the local Chamber of Commerce? This is the #1 business organization in any community, and membership signifies that a business cares about its customers and reputation and also actively supports the community as a whole. They are a good neighbor.
Don’t Take Artificial Grass Installation Lightly
Because artificial turf can last for over 20 years, it is a long term investment in your home – an asset, like adding a new roof or a swimming pool. Choosing superior quality grass is essential, but proper professional installation is equally essential in determining how well your grass stands up over the years. Nothing takes the place of experience, skill, and attention to detail.
While affordability is always important, skimping on installation could cost you more in the long run, in problems and disappointment. The most affordable choice is the one that ensures you will receive all of the benefits your artificial grass has to over.